Jody was on the trip in the video below and was greatly moved by the people of Korah Dump --a 'forbidden' leper colony/trash dump.
A few facts:
- Korah in Amharic means "cursed".
- 75 years ago the Ethiopian government moved everyone with leprosy to this area of Addis Ababa.
- Approximately 100,000 people live in the slums of Korah - the "outcasts" of society.
- The city dump is located in Korah.
- The people, both adults and children, spend their days digging through the dump searching for anything to eat or sell.
Check out her beautiful jewelry at her Etsy shop. All proceeds go to orphan care ministries!