Our emotions are in a whirlwind. We are sad that we will never get to hold him and meet him. However….as we grieved and prayed yesterday—God reminded us that adoption is not about us. It’s about the child. And whatever is best for the child is what it needs to be about. So while I am grieving my loss, I am thankful that he will be raised with his mother.
Our lives have been connected for 3 months with the little one and his mother for a reason. Perhaps to remember to pray for him and her for the rest of our lives. We are connected and we won’t forget him.
Our little one’s name means “Praise”. And we will continue to praise God and know that He is good and still on the throne.
I went to my grandmother’s today and listened to the song below over and over again.
- a wonderful compassionate caseworker who even called my hubby to come home before she called me.
- a friend that was coming for a play date and showed up right after that call—and she sat and literally held me and cried with me.
- a friend that came straight over after she heard the news and prayed with us.
- countless emails and phone calls and facebook posts giving love, compassion, and understanding.
- a friend who was at our care center that shared with me that our boy will be okay and that he is loved by his mother.
- learning even more about how much God must yearn for me as His daughter—and how much He loves me.
- my peace, unfathomable peace. I am a gal who can be overrun by her emotions—and while I have cried and grieved, I have peace.
And He confirmed it with precious friends. I am going to share bits and pieces of emails so that they may also speak to you in whatever situation you are in.
God did not even spare his own Son suffering and grief - how can we expect to be spared? Somehow that thought comforts me and helps me to not sink into being angry with God for things not going how I'd like them to go - how I prayed for them to go. Be comforted and continue to be brave, my friend!!! ____________________________
My heart breaks with you today. I do not always understand God's ways but trust completely in His Sovereignty. I know He holds your future child close and right now holds you even closer in your disappointment. He knows your disappointment and understands your grief.Praise our God for He is good!
Tonight, one beautiful little boy rests again in the arms of his mother. And another waits in the orphanage right now, for the day to come -- soon! -- when he can rest in his forever momma's arms.
His timing is never wrong. It is always, always, always perfect.