I found this grant today after researching for someone for a grant that isn’t Christian based. I had never heard of this one..but it looks like a great resource! Go check it out! And they have a deadline for their June grant of April 13!
FAQ’s from their page:
- How often are grants awarded?
Grants are awarded twice a year in June and December. Grant recipients will be notified by telephone and via US Mail.
- What are the deadlines for grant applications?
Applications for June 2012 grants are due by Friday, April 13, 2012. June grants will be awarded on June 15th.
Applications for December 2012 grants are due by Friday October 13, 2012. December grants will be awarded on December 15th.
All applicants will be notified via email on award dates above.
- Who can apply?
Anyone, as long as you are a US Citizen residing in the US. You must be able to demonstrate that you can provide a stable home environment for the child (approved home study) while demonstrating that you are facing significant financial obstacles and need financial assistance with your adoption expenses.
Helpusadopt.org accepts applications from couples and individuals regardless of race, religion, gender, ethnicity, marital status or sexual orientation.
- How often can families apply?
Families can apply once in an annual cycle of the program. You may apply again only if you are still in the adoption process.
- Does it matter what kind of adoption program we are using?
HelpUsAdopt.org grants are to be used for your choice of adoption process---private or agency, domestic or international, or foster care - it is your decision. HelpUsAdopt.org grants are not given for embryo adoptions.
- Can we/I apply if we already have children?
Yes, but priority will be given to applicants without children.
- What are the amounts of the grants?
$500 - $15,000 depending on individual situations.
- When do you award the grants?
June grants will be awarded on June 15th. December grants will be awarded on December 15th. All applicants will be notified via email by these dates.
- How do we/I receive the grant if we are awarded one?
Grant money is dispensed directly to your service provider.
- How do you make your grant recipient decisions?
Qualified and complete applications received by our submission deadline will be presented to our board. The board will review the applications as well as discuss them and make a final decision. All sections of the application will be taken into consideration. Priority will be given to applications who meet the following objective criteria:
- Must be a US citizen residing in the US
- Must have a completed home study-no exceptions.
- Must not be pursuing infertility treatments simultaneously with your adoption plans (if applicable).
- Must demonstrate that while you can provide a stable environment for a child, you are facing significant financial obstacles and need financial assistance with your adoption expenses.
- Must distinguish the difference between "not wanting" to write the check(s) for your adoption expenses and "not being able to".
- Must demonstrate willingness to proceed with your adoption plans with or without our assistance.
- You may apply if you already have children, but priority will be given to couples/individuals without children.